Current kitchen appliance obsession: bread maker.
Oh the things I do with my bread maker. And all of them are delicious and not dirty!
The last time I purchased pizza was months ago thanks to my bread maker. The last time I purchased bagels was also months ago. And the last time I bought bread? You guessed it… Months. Ago.
I use my bread maker 4-5 times per week and often twice per day!
Some secrets to using a bread maker
- The bread maker recipe book is your basic friend. Start there but quickly move on to online recipes… They are usually better. Read the reviews for tips!
- Think ahead! Make bread while you’re sleeping so you have fresh, delicious bread for breakfast.
- Experiment! Add rosemary, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning to basic bread recipes.
- Use it often. If you make it. They will eat it.
- Make pizza crust! I absolutely love that recipe. I made it last night for a BBQ chicken pizza. Also, pizza is expensive. Even frozen pizza is ~$5! Make it at home for cheap.
- Cinnamon rolls. Enough said.
- Bread at stores is expensive. Buying a good loaf of bread will run you between $4 and $6 here in the Skagit Valley. That’s absurd. I can make bread for under $1 per loaf.
I didn’t know what I was missing until I got my bread maker. I only like kitchen appliances if I can use them for lots of things… This one is a winner! I’m going to try Ciabatta dough tonight. I’ll let you know how it goes.